Integrating your Prestashop store with Webshipper is really easy, this is how to do it.
Nice to know before getting started
It is currently NOT possible to display shipping rates directly in checkout with Webshipper rates.
With a Prestashop set up, you simply create a set of identical rates in Webshipper and map these to your PrestaShop rates. For those services that require a drop point, Webshipper is able to display the drop point selector in checkout via the rates created in Prestashop.
1. Set up the API key in PrestaShop
Start by logging into Prestashop and click on the menu titled Advanced Parameters and navigate to Webservice and press the key.
Now you should be able to copy or generate a new API key.
We need the following permissions for both read and write so, flag all permissions for the following:
2. Setting up the order channel
- In Webshipper, go to Settings > Order channels and press New order channel.
- Find Prestashop and press Connect.
- Give your store a chosen name to display in Webshipper
- Type in the URL for your shop
- Input the API key, which you just created, in the relevant field
- Click on Create order channel and you are done with the order channel.
3. Download and install the module
Once you are happy with the setup, we can move on with the integration itself.
- Start by clicking the "Download Module" button and save the file.
- You should also see a field called "Module Configuration Token" with a string of text attached, highlight this and copy it to your clipboard.
- Switch over to your Prestashop and navigate to Modules > Installed Modules (Tab) > Upload a Module and select the file from before.
- Once the module has been installed, click on Configure.
- Paste the configuration token, which you copied to your clipboard, into the field with the same name.
- The option "Drop point limit" helps you define the number of drop points being shown during checkout (The default is 5).