Getting started with Klarna is now made really simple with this complete step by step guide
About Klarna Shipping
Klarna Shipping Service gives your customers the power to choose their delivery experience. Stay in control of your shipping rules and our user-friendly design.
Adding Klarna Shipping Service to your checkout is now easier than ever. To get started, you only need to provide Klarna with your Webshipper credentials. Below, you will find a step by step guide on how to do it.
Before you get started, make sure you have everything you need:
- An existing Klarna Checkout (KCOv3) integration.
- Credentials to log in to the Klarna Merchant Portal.
- Klarna Check Out Credentials
- Klarna Username
- Klarna Password
Missing something? Reach out to your respective contact at Klarna or Webshipper and we will be happy to help.
Provide us with a fallback! Send us shipping options for every KCO session. We use those options as a fallback in the unlikely event that we do not get a response via the Shipping API from Webshipper. This way, we ensure that users are always presented with shipping options. Learn more here.
We need your Webshipper credentials to activate Klarna Shipping Service. We use the credentials to set up an API connection with Webshipper and fetch the shipping options, which we present in your checkout. The credentials consist of an identifier and a key:
Missing something? You can request them through your Webshipper Help Center portal.
Get your Webshipper credentials
- Account name (visible in the login url eg. https://name-aps.webshipper.io)
- Webshipper User email
- Webshipper User password
Setup KSS in the merchant portal for the playground environment
- Log-in to the merchant portal here.
- You will see an overview of all the apps, click on the ‘’Logistics’’ app.
3. If this is your first time, then you will be presented with the Terms & Conditions before you can start the setup.
4. After accepting the terms, you will land on the overview page. Here you can create a new profile.
5. First, name your profile and choose your environment. (Please note that you are in the playground environment, most probably you want to use EU playground. To set up production, see the guide below).
6. Once you have chosen your environment, add your Webshipper credentials.
Identifier = Merchant KSS ID
Key = API token
7. Click on “next” to finish the setup.
8. After closing the profile page, you will see your credentials on the overview page . You can activate or deactivate credentials here by clicking on the “activate” button on the right side of the screen. Please note that you can have only 1 active credential per MID / country for now. If you have several countries per MID, contact Klarna.
All done! Klarna Shipping Service is now activated in your Klarna Checkout in playground. You will see the shipping options from Webshipper in the Klarna Checkout in playground.
Setup Klarna Shipping Service in the Merchant Portal for the production environment
The process is the same as above, but in the production environment of the Merchant Portal. However, the ‘’Logistics’’ app is not yet available in production. Please contact Klarna if you want to enable your credentials in the production environment.
You can test your credentials here in our tool called ‘’Shipwreck’’. If you see shipping options in Shipwreck, then the Webshipper credentials are correct. If you do not see shipping options, please reach out to Webshipper.
The shipping options are shown based on your settings at Webshipper. If you’d like to change what is shown in the checkout, please contact Webshipper and adjust the settings. If you have any feedback on the user experience, please reach out to Klarna. We’d love to hear from you!